Saturday, July 4, 2020

Mores Mountain and Shafer Butte

Date: July 4, 2020.

Partners: N/A.

Objectives: Mores Mountain and Shafer Butte.  Running at altitude and hopefully training for IMTUF.

Stats: 17 miles and 3,000ft of vert.  Strava.

Gear notes:  N/A.

For some reason, trying to "run" 100 miles sounds like "fun".  I missed the cutoff for official registration so I had to settle for a spot the wait list.  Hopefully I'll get in because I'm training and planning like it's going to happen.  I decided to break 2020 up into 3 three month training blocks, each with a different focus.  All the COVID nonsense was a bit of a stick in the spokes, but overall it hasn't been horrible.  One of my mantras for 2020 and IMTUF is; no whining, no excuses, no regrets.  So in keeping with that theme, my plan is to transition into big mountain runs and tagging peaks to train for IMTUF.  This is the first long run of this cycle.  My route basically followed the Around the Mountain Trail with side tours to the peaks.  Pictures below.





Summit register on Mores.

Summit register on Mores.

Summit of Mores.



This crow was pretty chill and didn't mind me talking with it while I took some pictures.

Summit of Shafer.

Summit of Shafer.




No comments:

Post a Comment