Saturday, August 14, 2021

Resort to Rock 50k

Date: August 14, 2021.

Objective: Resort to Rock 50k

Stats: 32 miles with 4,500ft gain in 7:27.  Strava.

Quick breakdown

I had been training and getting ready for a trip to the Teton's, but that ended up getting canceled.  I signed up for this at the last minute as I switch gears and objectives.  I figured that my base training was pretty solid, but my ultramarathon specific training had been lacking.  I wanted to see how I'd handle this going into it a little under trained as I prepared for a big objective that wasn't technical climbing.  It ended up being a pretty solid race for me, especially since the deck was not stacked in my favor.  It was pretty dang hot and with some of the smokiest and worse air quality in the area so far.  If anything, I paid for water and extra calories on a long training run.  Mad props to all of the volunteers!  The cutoff was 10hrs and figured I'd be out for around 8.  I'm no fastie, but I was pleased with my finish time.




No comments:

Post a Comment