Friday, May 31, 2024

Bull Trout Point

Date: May 31, 2024.

Objective: Bull Trout PointIdaho: A Climbing Guide.  

Strava.

Stats: 6 miles and 1,300ft gain round trip in 6hrs 30min.  Class 2.


Post ultra is always a fun time.  I was stoked to get out but didn't want to over extend myself.  Bull Trout Point is super chill and has great views.  From where I parked, I followed the trail to a point where gaining Mains Ridge was obvious.  





Following the ridge is easy enough.  I had brought snow shoes and ended up carrying them 99.2% of the time.





I stuck to the south side of the ridge.  The views were magnificent for such a relatively small peak.



There was one very small rock tower to get over en route to the summit.







I was pretty sure I could see the Lost River Range; possibly Borah Peak.  Castle Peak was unmistakeable. The Sawtooth Range was just across the valley and very impressive.





I reversed my route up without incident.









No comments:

Post a Comment